Sunday, June 21, 2009

Beloved Baby card

good evening! i'm just a card-making fool today... can't stop myself - i think i'm addicted to challenges. help me help me! (grin)

i keep telling myself i'll go make dinner in just 10 more minutes - but i've been saying that for the past hour and a 1/2. now that i finished up this next card for yesterday's Cardvaarks challenge, i can post it and go eat! a simple prawn alfredo awaits me in the kitchen - well at least the ingredients do!


Cardvaarks
posts new challenges the 5th and 20th of each month. i almost forgot to go and check this time around! only 1 day late to check it out, that's not too bad. they give you plenty of time to enter, but i'm such a keener i like to get my name in there early. perhaps i should subscribe and get the emails when the new postings happen!

the challenge is to make a window card, and i was in a baby mood today (plus my baby embellishments are all over my craft desk from the last card challenge i posted) so i made another baby girl card. it's good to have some in the stash. you never know when you'll need one!

stuff used:
Great Canadian Stamp Co. - Just Plain Cards 4x5
Basic Grey - Gypsy 6x6 paper pad
Brilliance ink - pearlescent jade, orange & coral
Inkadinkadoo stamps - Scrapbook sentiments & Chelsea alphabet
Impression Obsession - Lullaby text
Hero Arts - polkadot background
Stampin Up! - two step stampin mini messages
Joann's - ribbon by the yard
buttons - from ?? (stamped with polkadots by me)
Stickles - orange
Doodlebug Design Inc - pistachio brads
Slice machine - noteworthy design card

cheers!
crafty girl

8 comments:

  1. Love the layered stamping on the front of the card and how you glittered around your cool shaped window ... lovely card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my gosh--i am *SO* into stamped layers right now too! i love the combination of elements you have used...and that lacy trim is just the PERFECT finishing touch!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is beautiful - so sparkly and sweet. love it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful! I love how the patterned paper fills in the flower shaped window!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful card!! I love the colors you used!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. such a darling baby card. thanks so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. very cute card!! lol!! that is me too when I am on a card making roll...dinner tends to run a bit late. :)

    ReplyDelete